Saturday 29 August 2015

Avelabetta Ride

     Once you start to ride to ITPL to office on a daily basis,you might end up saying," That's it! I'm done! I'm retiring from riding life!!!" Meeting maniacs on road each day and watching traffic in front of you,is like standing on the shore an seeing the vast ocean,water everywhere,as far as the eye can see,Outer Ring road!,here seeing vehicles as far as the eye can see. The only way to enjoy morning traffic, would be to think of yourself as one of the characters of a famous old cartoon "The Adams Family!". "Ahh! The sound of endless vehicles horns,the smell of  black smoke of adulterated gasoline and the sight of people fighting early morning,isn't this a splendid morning!!"
   "Fester,can you take the kids to school today,they would love to see their uncle run over by Bangalore taxis and not to mention the Red Volvo buses who overtake from left without a sound and if your lucky might give our car some scratches too."

     Around 1 in the night I get a missed call and a message from Ditty,
" You coming for a trip tomorrow?
,only me and Ed on our bike,
if your free join us,
thinking of starting around 10 am.
Reply asap
Try to come
Love you bye"
 Around 1am, reply as soon as possible :P

Thanks to office for my abrupt sleep patterns, got up around 2am,super happy to see that message and replied," I'm coming!!! " :) end of story.

We decided on Avalabetta,since Edwin and Ditty were fine with any place. The 10 am ride finally started at 12 noon,Yes,I admit I was the culprit,even though I got before these guys in the morning. The best part was,they were ok :) :)

Both, my bike and I were relieved to ride out side Bangalore. Happy to see empty roads through the rear view mirror and happy to see empty roads in front of me,country roads take me home kinda feeling. :P

Had lunch at Kamat and resumed the ride through the highway. The GPS gave the exact location to the hill. Doubled checked with Rossi Madam,Thanks Roshni! :) The weather was perfect when we reached the top of the hill :)  Fell in love with the place. Really nothing much to say,beautiful scenery all around. After a long time I was surrounded by silence.There's a temple on top of the hill called Lakshmi Narashimha temple. There are a few spots next to the temple where one can explore.At around 6:30 pm with a heavy heart left to Bangalore. Finally was back home by 9pm.

I leave the pics do the talking... :)


















































  

No comments:

Post a Comment