Saturday 21 February 2015

Short ride in Kerala

      To ride,feels like the most natural thing to do. I'm glad that my heart yearns to pick up a bike and ride no matter where I am. And that was this short ride in Kerala was all about.
     I refused to take the medicine and I paid the prize,even before the bus left Bangalore limits,my tummy stopped cooperating .The suffocating feeling inside the bus,the suspensions of the volvo!!! By the time I reached kerala I had enough.
   Reached my granny's place Kannur around 5:30am and in few hours my friend would reach Kannur and we would again travel to attend our friend's engagement.And that got me thinking,it's just 30-40 kms(one way) of travelling and daydreaming of riding along the seaside gave me enough reasons to convince my uncle to take his Activa. And my uncle agreed :) Even for my Friend Mumthaz,it was a sign of relief as she too dreaded to travel in bus. With My perfect companions,Mumthaz & Activa,I took on the roads of Kerala. After hearing a lot about Kerala roads and the rash driving of Bus drivers,it took some time to adjust to the Kerala roads.
    I took the route Kannur->Thalassery->Kuthparamba->Nirmalagiri. Even though there is a bypass route from Kannur to Kuthparamba,I opted the Thalassery route,only to enjoy the view of the sea while riding. :) On the way,was the famous Muzhappilangad beach,but had to keep that for another time,since we were running out of time.
   Climate is pleasant in Kerala during Feburary,so riding is enjoyable.The views while riding through the country side of Kerala is beautiful :) At different time of the day,the sun rays making its way through the trees,giving it a heavenly feel.To cross bridges and to see the rivers join the sea. At some places,a glimpse of the vast Arabian Sea.Fishing boats,coconut trees,rocks by the sea.I was soaking in every moment I could get.
    Had a nice time at my Friend's engagement and took the same route back home to take some pics.We stopped at Thalassery to take a break,mostly to sit in the park and take in the view of the sea.













   On Sunday evening,I again took to the roads.This time with my cousin,we rode to Azikode,around 15 kms from Kannur town.I just love when the roads finally end up at sea. :) There you have the Chala beach and a harbour point.More than the beach, my memory asked to me to visit a place just before the beach were the road winds up at the sea,with only rocks separating the road and the sea.  










    On our way back,my cousin Kavya suggested,why not head to Chalad beach with is the extension of the famous Pyyambalam Beach of Kannur,only thing lesser crowd,which is a good thing.I must admit I missed the sound of the sea.One can spend hours just sitting and listening to the sound of the waves. Looking a families come down to the beach in the evening and teasing the waves to rush in and wet their feet.


   The waves,the wind,the sand,the vast openness.... and the fading sunlight...I still want a little more of that :)




1 comment:

  1. From: subhrajit.ghadei@gmail.com

    Hey,

    An excellent read. This is Subhrajit from www.adventureclicknblog.com and we would love to have your blogs listed in our website. We are trying to capture all the adventure blogs at one place. We would love to have contributions from you. Our team can design them post it uner your profile. We have also launched a credit system for contributions by which contributors can reimburse the points for cool travel stuffs (adventureclicknblog.com/moreblognearn.php). The credit points are a way of saying thank you for your sincere effort and time for writing.

    Warm Regards,
    Subhrajit Ghadei,
    Co-founder,
    www.adventureclicknblog.com,
    Pune, Maharashtra, India
    Think Adventure, Think Us
    0091 8378997510
    Education: B.Tech (IIT Bombay), MBA (IIM Lucknow)

    ReplyDelete