Tuesday 25 November 2014

My sister's assignment topic :)

Q: What is your perception and the world's perception of your religion and faith.


       Man is different from animals on one fact that he has the ability to question the world that he lives in and when his questions turn towards,who is god? what is my relationship with god and this  universe?why do we die?,what is the purpose of this life?Why do I suffer? When can I be eternally happy?When he comes face to face with his perplexity,Hinduism encourages him to look within,with a series of steps taken towards self realization,just like how a child undergoes formal education from nursery to graduation.And the instructions for this is given in the Vedas,the Hindu scriptures.
    The world's perception about Hinduism,Henry David Thoreau, American Thinker & Author "Whenever I have read any part of the Vedas, I have felt that some unearthly and unknown light illuminated me. In the great teaching of the Vedas, there is no touch of sectarianism. It is of all ages, climbs, and nationalities and is the royal road for the attainment of the Great Knowledge. When I read it, I feel that I am under the spangled heavens of a summer night."
     Science has helped me to understand the objective world around me,Hinduism helps me to take a plunge into the depths of the subjective world,which consists of  my own mind.The 'art of living' by which each one discovers for himself the equipoise to stand up to life's situations and meeting efficiently the ever changing world of challenges.Thus, full filling this human life's purpose,self realization, Tat Tvam Asi:'That thou Art'.


No comments:

Post a Comment