Friday 8 November 2013

Two girlies,Two bikes SHIVAGANGE

        Wow! a longer ride after so many months.This ride happened before the bikerni ride,but posting now.The satisfaction that comes after a ride is great. :) The plan for the day was something else,as usual someone has to drop out and we quickly turned it into a bike ride day. It was my friend Roopa's first bike ride outside Bangalore. So we chose the Tumkur road to a destination called Shivagange. 55 kms from Bangalore.An as usual the ride time got delayed because I had to take my bike from the service station and we head out at 11:30 am. Signboards are put up to this place.The highway was boring to ride.We stopped for refreshments,tender coconut. According to the signboard,there was still 18 kms to Shivagange,deviating towards the left from Dabaspet. But Roopa found another signboard saying take left to Shivagange,just 7 kms. I was a little skeptical taking the village limits road and thinking what if we loose our way.But that decision we made turned out to be the best! Amazing road!!!! I mean it. The scenery and newly laid road,one couldn't ask for more. Just didn't wanted to be disturbed to stop and take the pics.Both of us just kept riding. :) Beautiful so beautiful :) that's all I can say and all I told myself was,"This is why I ride." It looked like a painting,so complete in itself. The smell of that place was also amazing. We reached the town,there's a entrance fee of Rs 10/- We took our shoes at the base entrance of the hill,YOU don't have to do that. There are footwear stands just before entering the temple.We visited the shiva temple and half way up the hill there's another temple,lucky we made it on time up that hill to visit the temple. All the shrines are inside the caves with one opening being the entrance and exit.
      There was still another two hours trek up to the top of the hill.Since we ran out of time,Shivagange is still on my list to visit. Amazing place for people who love to trek. The hill is pretty challenging,out of all the ones day treks I have done so far. We trekked the hill Barefoot. My personal experience is,trekking up hill barefoot feels ok but coming down even the tiniest stone is trying to pierce through the skin.
       Before we started our journey back home,rested for a while,then slowly made our way towards our bikes,partly excited that I would be riding through that 7km stretch again :) We had parked our bikes in front of  some ruined houses not really sure if people stay in that. There was an old lady sitting at the entrance to that ruined house,which happened to be right in front of our bikes. Her smile beautiful! just a random conversation with her,about where are we from,etc etc... It was hard to take my eyes of her,she being so old,there was a sparkle in her eyes,that you don't come across often. The radiance on her face which no fairness or aging creams can ever give you.The simplicity she depicted and therefore so joyful from within,was something that made me turn back and look at her for the last time before we waved our good byes to each other,something that is still so fresh in my mind. :) Sometimes I am amazed because,where you'd think you'll find happiness is not where you would find it,but totally somewhere,where you least expect it and then you ask yourself,What makes us truly Happy?
   











2 comments: