Saturday 13 July 2013

Ride to Maddur for a Mc D Burger

       It wasn't intended to be a solo ride.Nor was I trying to claim a super woman tag.Nor did I wanted to prove anything to anyone.It was all for a simple desire straight from the heart,to ride.
Previous Sunday,complete bed rest,sprained my back and still recovering.That's when you become grateful for all the healthy days of your life. But when it comes to riding,somehow everything becomes bearable :P Decided on Shivagange,but last minute friends dropped out,saying it mite rain. And I was like,COME ON!!!! You guys did Chikamangalur in rain. And the the usual statement,"We'll go next week." Was really tired of hearing that. You never know what could come up next week. 
     So decided to head out alone.Was shit scared!!! Literally! On Mysore road,head out till Maddur. Choosing ccd or Mc donalds Burger was still a far off decision.My mind was eating me inside out,but as I went further away from city,it slowly began to quieten down. But then I started thinking,when I would ride to office in such an amazing weather,I would wonder how I wish I could have gone for a ride and now I had a chance.The worst fear was because I had a dream two days back,being lost some 70 kms from Bangalore and no help,that thought freaked me out what if that was a sign of what was to come. And the only way to find out was to go for a ride.Luckily,there was less traffic on Mysore road on a weekend.
    I couldn't blame the rain gods,as I was heading towards their area of downpour.And so experienced riding through heavy rain,that was the scariest part.The voice inside my head saying,keep riding,keep riding! Turned out to be a good decision,because after few kms,there was absolutely no rain and luckily bright sunshine for some time.After that I just enjoyed it  Decided on a Mc D Burger. Enjoyed every bit of that meal   I found more women and family there at Mc D.Then happily headed straight home  .Riding on Bangalore to Mysore felt like riding the outskirts of Bangalore,not really a highway scene where your heading out to a far away destination,
 When I reached Bangalore,I read a statement on the back of a bike saying,"Always do what your afraid to Do." I couldn't have agreed more.  

65kms (one way) solo ride for a Burger! 














No comments:

Post a Comment