Monday 10 December 2012

First Long walk

      Been thinking of taking a long walk through the city,to reach some destination for the day.Some how  temple destinations always catches my eye,so decided to walk to Bhanashankari Temple.On my bike it would take around 30 mins  including traffic.The feeling of packing your backpack and heading out is such an amazing feeling.:)
      Carried a bottle of water,umbrella.Clear blue sky with bright sun shine and cool breeze.Left my place around 11am since the temple is open till 1:30pm. Sometimes you want to do it to spend some time with yourself,but then one is really never thinking of anything and just enjoying the walk even though it is at the peak time through the irregular pavements.The moment when you think your feeling tired and the first thing your mind reminds you of is chocolate! :),"and you can have because your burning your carbs." With absolutely no guilt I walked up to a medical store and bought myself two Cardburys Diary milk,which I had only a half of one.
                                      

                                     


    Just thinking of destination in mind and with sun playing hide and seek between the buildings and the trees,it was a drill of opening and closing the umbrella :D I kind of calculated the time it would take me to reach the temple would be 1 and a 1/2 hrs.Walked pass another famous temple in Bangalore Ragigudda temple then Bangalore Central mall.Again stopped there to get some hot roasted groundnuts,it was everything else other than hot,quenched my thirst.All in all A Happy Walker :)






    Finally,Banashankari Bus stop.Reached in 1hr 15mins :) To the left of the bus stop is the famous Banashankari Devi temple.Not too many people in the temple,so it was a very relaxed darshan.You'll also find a shrine dedicated to the Shakambhari Devi,the goddess who solves all the water related problems.Spent some time in the temple premises.Then it was the return journey.There was a man selling tender coconut on his cycle,a nice refreshing drink.There's a mini market around this temple selling fruits,vegetable and flowers.





 Some how the return journey is always faster whether your on a 4 wheeler,two wheeler or on foot.




     By the time I reached half way,I was feeling tired.Told myself just another quarter part of the journey to go then it's home sweet home.I love finding happiness in simple things like taking a walk not just through the woods but also through the city,to see your own city from another angle.I remembered my mom's stories of her childhood how she would walk for long distance everyday to go catch the bus and head to school.Simple acts can teach one how to appreciate other's lives better.I also remembered my tution sir telling me when your mind is saturated with studies (when I was studying) just go for a walk,it clears your mind.Sadly,I didn't do it then,so I am making time to take a walk whenever I can.Inspired by Gandhi too,who put a lot of emphasis on daily walks from a early time in his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment