Friday 25 January 2013

Kanakapura and Back

      The weekend before this and the following week turned out to be pretty eventful :) lovely memories with close friends :) But there are still times when you feel your mind goes into infinite loops of thoughts where sleep or quiet time at home cannot work their magic on you.And that's when I head out,not looking for a conversation,not looking for mountain of dreams to conquer.Just plain free time doing nothing at all or just plain riding ;)
       That's when I decided to head out on Sunday afternoon for a ride on Kanakapura road.My friend suggested to go for a ride on this road,as she loves the scenery on both sides of this road.I must say,I totally agree with her.I remember three memories about this road,first one being my first ever bike ride to KSIT college on scooty pep,that day we had felt like as if we had conquered the world,even though majority of the students of that college travel on two wheeler:D Second,visit to Art of Living center in bus though with mom which was further than the college.Third,My ride with Bangalore Bikers to Nethengere Village with was further than Art Of Living center.Once I finished that mark,I new I had entered new territory where my brain couldn't map out anything.
      A lot of lakes closer to Bangalore had dried up. Weather was ok,sunny but cool wind.This road is known for being a little dangerous because the road is small and no divider.There were a lot of times where I would just go in the mud path just to give the overtaking bullies some more way.Apart from that it was a good ride.From dried up lake beds to lake with brown water to lake with green water to lake covered with water lillies.Mango trees,Coconut trees,occasional green fields.Tress on both sides of the road,mostly Banyan trees.Passed temples,petrol bunks,villages.




   
      Just me and the sound of the bike's engine for company.Riding,riding realized I had reached close to Kanakapura town.Finally the mind's chatter reduced considerably,mind listening only to the sound of the bike's engine.


     Just went a few more yards from this point and took a U turn back to Bangalore :) Didn't feel like stopping anywhere. NH209 road is super smooth after Jain Residential School.Left for the ride by 3pm and was back home by 5:30pm and slept like a baby.Riding alone has it own magic no matter what the distance and it's more fun when it's outskirts of any city to connect with another world where agriculture and livestock is still a part of life,gives one a different perspective about living.The more we discover places around the city we live and beyond,the more we discover about ourselves. :)

2 comments:

  1. hii :) can you pls tell me that how far is KSIT college from the art of living center???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not all that far I remember,in google maps its showing around 7 kms.

      Delete